Advancement and Recognition
Advancement and Recognition Committee
The primary responsibility of this committee is to support the Advancement and Recognition programs of the Pacific Harbors Council.
- Supporting Eagle Scout Boards of Review.
- Eagle Advancement Training held every May and October, required for Eagle Advisors.
- Overseeing the presentation of special awards like the Lifesaving and Meritorious Action Award.
- Rank extension and alternatives requests, taken into consideration on a case by case basis.
- Approvals of STEM Nova Counselors and Supernova Mentors.
- General questions about advancement and recognition within the Boy Scouts of America.
Meetings are held every other month alternating locations in the Tacoma and Tumwater areas.
Below you will find important information regarding the committee.
Bill Woodard, Advancement and Recognition Committee Chair Email
Mark Woodman, Staff Advisor Email
Tracy Kapelski, Tacoma Eagle Processor Email
Justin Judd, Tumwater Eagle Processor Email
Kristine Finazzo, Coastal Waters District Advancement Chair Email
Dianna Huriavi, Timberline District Advancement Chair Email
Ed Price, Capital Area District Advancement Chair Email
George Serviss, Mount Tahoma District Advancement Chair Email
John Ruppe, Glacier View District Advancement Chair Email
David Melin, Puget Sound District Advancement Chair Email
Natina Dudley, Hylebos District Advancement Chair Email
- Guide to Advancement 2017
- 2018 Merit Badge Counselor Application
- Internet Advancement
- 2015-2016 Program Year Cub Scout Requirements
- 2016 Modifications to Cub Scout Program
- 2016 Rank Requirements for Boy Scouts
- Eagle Scout Rank Application
- Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Eagle Scout Checklist (provided as a guide to the Eagle Scout Rank process)
- 2016 Committee Goals
- 2017 Committee Goals
- Standard Operating Procedures (a guide for questions about Eagle Advancement and Merit Badge Counselors)