Summer Camping at Camp Thunderbird
Summer Camping at Camp Thunderbird 2018
In the summer of 2018, there will be multiple opportunities for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts to camp at Camp Thunderbird! Check them all out below!
Early Bird Discount deadline for all camp fees is May 15th, 2018. All camp fees must be paid in full by May 15th, 2018 to receive the discount.
Questions about Summer Camping at Camp Thunderbird can go to our Camp Director Tylene Byrd at email@example.com or Staff Advisor Mark Woodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LDS 11 Year-Old Adventure
Camp Thunderbird presents a Trail to First Class Overnight Adventure! Start out strong in Scouting! Have fun mastering the skills on the Trail to First Class at the beautiful Camp Thunderbird on the shores of Summit Lake in Olympia, WA.
Skills that will be offered at camp include: Aquatics, Boating, Knots, First-Aid, Archery, BB Guns, Nature, Citizenship, Climbing, Knife Safety, and so much more!!!
Two sessions available:
- July 13-14, 2018
- July 20-21, 2018
- Youth $60 / Adult $50 if registered by May 15th, 2018
- Youth $70 / Adult $60 if registered after May 15th, 2018
- Youth Registration: phc.kintera.org/LDS11yo2018youth
- Adult Registration: phc.kintera.org/LDS11yo2018adult
Registration fees include lunch, dinner, and crackerbarrel on the first day; breakfast, lunch, and a snack on the second day; program supplies; and a patch for the participating Scout.
Trailblazer: Trail to First Class Adventure
Summer camp is usually the highlight of the Scouting year. It can be particularly exciting for first year Boy Scouts. It can also be a little intimidating whether it’s a Boy Scout who just bridged over from Webelos or a young Scout who isn’t ready for a week-long camp session. So this year at Camp Thunderbird, we are offering a shortened summer camp session designed specifically for the youngest of Boy Scouts (through 12 years old).
Our Trailblazer Camp will give first year Boy Scouts the opportunity to work on rank advancement and merit badges!
Benefits for the parents and adults in your Troop are that this program is provisional. This means Camp Thunderbird provides the leadership and supervision. This is a great alternative for families who don’t have the ability to take the time off from work, wonder if the Scoutmaster can go, or need a less expensive option. And remember, adults are always welcome!
- July 22-24, 2018
- Youth $150 / Adult $70 if registered by May 15th, 2018
- Youth $160 / Adult $80 if registered after May 15th, 2018
- Youth Registration: phc.kintera.org/trailblazers2018youth
- Adult Registration: phc.kintera.org/trailblazers2018adult
Cub Scout Resident Camp
Cub Scout Resident Camp at Camp Thunderbird is a fun experience for Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos Scouts along with their leaders and/or parents.
Our 2018 Cub Scout Resident Camp theme is “Scouting Heritage”. This theme will explore the founders of Scouting and also have an exciting view at who the campsites at Camp Thunderbird are named after! Each session will consist of activities such as: sports, boating, rock wall, BMX track, swimming, nature, and much more!
Our Webelos-only 4-day session will include a family BBQ.
Each Cub Scout (including Tigers) and Webelos ranks will have two pre-selected achievement classes. Each Scout will have the opportunity to choose their elective(s) class when they register for camp.
The staff is ready, the camp is ready, and we are all eagerly awaiting the arrival of your Cub Scouts and Webelos!
- July 6-8, 2018
- July 9-11, 2018
- July 15-18, 2018 (Webelos Only)
- July 6-8 & July 9-11 (3-day sessions)
- Youth $140 / Adult $105 if registered by May 15th, 2018
- Youth $180 / Adult $120 if registered after May 15th, 2018
- July 15-18 (Webelos-Only) (4-day session)
- Youth $170 / Adult $130 if registered by May 15th, 2018
- Youth $210 / Adult $150 if registered after May 15th, 2018
- Youth Registration: phc.kintera.org/2018csresidentcamp
- Adult Registration: phc.kintera.org/2018csresidentcampadult