Alaska Airlines Aviation Day
You’re Invited~ Together with the Port of Seattle and Boeing, Alaska Airlines is proud to again host the 9th annual Aviation Day . This free event is aimed at inspiring aviation dreams in the youth ages 13-18 of Puget Sound communities.
- Touring aircraft with pilots, flight attendants and mechanics
- Flying a plane in a 737 simulator
- Exploring the complex world of airplanes with the Boeing engineers
- Attending Aviation Career discussions
- Meeting University and local Community College representatives
- Jumping down an evacuation slide
- Learning about the purpose of Winglets
- Building and testing gliders
- Meet FAA air traffic controllers, Port of Seattle Police and Fire fighters
- And much, much more!
The event is free, however, pre-registration is required. All youth between age 13-18 are invited to attend along with chaperone. The number of chaperones may be limited depending on group size. Please note that this is not an airshow or open house. Alaska Airlines Aviation Day is structured like a career / education fair with an open format. The participants can choose the activities/lectures they want to attend throughout the day. There will be an “Activities Passport” issued at check-in and we encourage each participant to complete each item listed. If completed, it can be exchanged it for a special prize at the end of the day.