Bushmaster NYLT - Week 1
JULY 30-AUGUST 4
Register for this once-in-a-lifetime experience here: http://phc.kintera.org/nylt2017
National Youth Leadership Training is an exciting, action-packed program designed for councils to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience. They can use these skills in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
NYLT is a six-day course. Content is delivered in a troop and patrol outdoor setting with an emphasis on immediate application of learning in a fun environment. Interconnecting concepts and work processes are introduced early, built upon, and aided by the use of memory aids, which allows participants to understand and employ the leadership skills much faster.
The NYLT course centers around the concepts of what a leader must BE, what he must KNOW, and what he must DO. The key elements are then taught with a clear focus on HOW TO. The skills come alive during the week as the patrol goes on a Quest for the Meaning of Leadership.
Youth arrive with a range of leadership experiences, and leave with:
- The ability to work together with people of different races, ethnicities, genders, geographies, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Adult allies to support their leadership development and service-learning action plan.
- The tools and knowledge to create equitable change in their communities.
- Motivation to take action for the common good.
- An enhanced awareness of social, political, and environmental issues, including the achievement gap.
Frequently Asked Questions and a list of this year's Course Directors can be found here.