Timberline District Presents the Evergreen Trek
August 7-11, 2018
Hike or Bike (participant choice) from Raymond to Chehalis.
Starting point is the Chevron Gas Station in Raymond.
Ending point is Alexander Park in Chehalis
Hike, Camp & many fun activities!
Register by 7/20 for $75.00
After 7/20 is $90.00
For Scouts 11 year and up
4 Nights Camping
5 Days Hiking
Merit Badge Opportunities
OA appreciation patch for those in OA and wearing their sash on Thursday the 9th. Non-OA participants can purchase the patch. Additional trading patches will be available but in limited supply
TENDERFOOT, 2nd CLASS, & 1st CLASS RANKS
There will be many advancement opportunities for those Scouts working on their Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class rank requirements. Troop adults (not Trek organizers) will be responsible for planning, presenting, and testing their Scouts in these advancement skills.
Unit Leaders are encouraged to look for learning and advancement opportunities on the trail, during lunch breaks, or in the campsites. Hours and hours of hiking time open many possibilities for instruction, discussion, and quizzing. With proper preparation, many rank requirements for hiking, camping, cooking, nature study, first aid, etc. can be completed.
Hiking or Biking partial merit badges will be available.
There will also be opportunities to work on other merit badges, such as Camping and Environmental Science, but Scouts will need to make those arrangements ahead of time. Troops will need to bring their own merit badge pamphlets and blue cards to be filled out the first day.
Please note: We will consult the State Park’s Rangers for any opportunities for work projects available. They will be limited if any. Parks will provide litter bags for litter pickup for ALL patrols.
Evergreen Trek Staff will provide:
- Fresh water throughout the week
- EMT’s, Ambulance and Emergency Communication
- We will transport ONLY a 5-gallon bucket with lid and a small camp chair for participants. All other gear must be backpacked or transported by other means.
- Activities and events every afternoon and evening
- Food on every meal except the first day
- Merit badge opportunities
- Evergreen Trek Patch to every hiker completing the Trek and participating in the service project
EACH HIKER NEEDS:
- Ten Essentials
- Sturdy Footwear
- Adequate Raingear – (protecting both the upper and lower body)
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Personal first aid kit (including moleskin for blisters)
- Two quart water containers
- Personal camping equipment necessary for a week on the trail
- Day pack in addition to a backpack or similar bag for camping
- Participants should bring $20 for two opportunities to stop at convenience stores along the way and buy ice cream, etc.
- At least one compass for each patrol (preferably a compass for each hiker)
- Participants can bring hand pruners to improve the trail from blackberry vines, and/or gloves for pulling tansy.
BSA Health Forms A, B & C for every Scout and adult, found here.
For questions, contact Dave Anderson at 360.508.4327 firstname.lastname@example.org or Barb Perez at email@example.com.